Hello, hello, hi and howzit!
My name is Chloe Green and I’m the artist and designer behind Howzit Greeny. I was born in South Africa (hence the Howzit!) and have been bouncing around the world ever since, currently basing myself in the lovely Macedon Ranges in Victoria, Australia.
I didn’t go to art school (it’s taken me about 20 years to get over that!) but instead have dabbled over the years at photography, drawing, writing, embroidery, sewing, ….the list goes on. If there is a new craft I’ll try it and if something stays still for long enough I’ll try to draw it. So you won’t see many sketches of my kids!
After many years of doing many different jobs, I started to take my art more seriously in recent years. After completing a swag of online classes and filling a lot of sketchbooks I now finally feel ok with calling myself – pause for a deep breath – an artist. Phew! It’s something I’ve always dreamed of, I just took the scenic route to get here.
My designs are full of colour, fun and a little bit of what my boys like to refer to as ‘Dad humour’ – I cannot lie, I do LOVE a good pun and some classic British comedy. I’m inspired by people, places, memories, music, the natural world – so many things. Most of all though, I love to try and capture little moments of everyday life and illustrate how we’re all muddling through this together. If my art brings a smile to your face or brings back a memory from your childhood than I feel like I am doing something right.
A few other quick things about me:
- I love to sew and am working on stitching up a wardrobe featuring my own fabric designs – thank you Spoonflower!
- I’m a tennis tragic and dream of designing a fluoro patterned shirt for Rafael Nadal – a girl can dream right?!
- When I get burnt out and anxious (which is often) I like to run mountain trials and get back to nature.
- I have an obsession with peanuts and chocolate. Together. I don’t think I’m the only one.
- I love music and am constantly crafting a soundtrack to my life. If you sign up to my newsletter I will even share a playlist or two with you.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope to bring you many colourful and fun adventures to enjoy in the future.
If you’d like to get in touch to discuss licensing our designs or ordering our products please drop me a line at [email protected] , I’d love to hear from you!